London ACM SIGGRAPH is organising the third annual TECHTALKS, sponsored by AUTODESK, and bar powered by AMD Radeon Pro. This is a three-day conference designed as a post-SIGGRAPH 2017 Conference recap for London.
The talks will take place at the “Princess Anne Theatre” at BAFTA 195 Piccadilly, while The “David-Lean Room” will be hosting recruitment and exhibitor booths.
Day 1 Talks:
- Blue-Zoo will show their latest short film Mamoon before speaking about how the project came about, the process by which it was made, and how their chosen medium both inspired and restricted the story and visuals.
- Parabella Studios will invite us to take a look at the development and realisation of a trailer the Daily Star claimed caused ‘Mass Hysteria’ throughout the nation. How practical R & D can help steer conceptual development.
- Framestore once again voyaged into space to team up with Ridley Scott on Alien: Covenant. VFX Supervisor Stuart Penn will talk through the major work, including the build of the Covenant ship and cult horror creatures; the ‘Facehugger’ and the ‘Chestburster.’
Exhibitor Booths: (subject to change)
- Autodesk | Meet The Experts
- Escape Technology | Workstations & Cintiqs
- Bring Your Own Animation | Powered By Escape Technology
- Rewind | New In Vr Tech
- Blue-Zoo | Mamoon Set Pieces
- Framestore | Samsung Gear Vr Content
- Alter Equals | Photorealistic 3D Worlds
- Escape Technology | Giveaway | Pny Quadro P4000
- Double Negative
- Rise FX
- Jellyfish Pictures