London ACM SIGGRAPH is organising the third annual TECHTALKS, sponsored by AUTODESK, and bar powered by AMD Radeon Pro. This is a three-day conference designed as a post-SIGGRAPH 2017 Conference recap for London.
The talks will take place at the “Princess Anne Theatre” at BAFTA 195 Piccadilly, while The “David-Lean Room” will be hosting recruitment and exhibitor booths.
Day 2 Talks:
- Mainframe have been instrumental in developing various tools for Autodesk Maya including its procedural animation toolkit MASH. Ian and Martin will be talking about some of the technical challenges they’ve faced along the way, how they’ve solved them and how those solutions are opening up other possibilities and use cases.
- REWIND’s session will cover 20 challenges of developing immersive content – from why and when to use immersive content and which camera to use, to how to overcome vestibular sickness while moving through large spaces. Oliver will discuss how to tackle and overcome these challenges.
- The closing talk will focus on Double Negative’s work creating LIFE’s primary creature Calvin, that was led by Creature CG Supervisor Aharon Bourland and leveraged the software Houdini to realise the creative vision of Daniel Espinosa. We will give an overview of the custom Houdini tools and techniques used to enable us to deliver the creature’s performance at different stages of its evolution.
Exhibitor Booths: (subject to change)
- Autodesk | Meet The Experts
- Escape Technology | Workstations & Cintiqs
- Bring Your Own Animation | Powered By Escape Technology
- Rewind | New In Vr Tech
- Blue-Zoo | Mamoon Set Pieces
- Framestore | Samsung Gear Vr Content
- Alter Equals | Photorealistic 3D Worlds
- Escape Technology | Giveaway | Pny Quadro P4000
- Double Negative
- Rise FX
- Jellyfish Pictures